Thursday, December 13, 2012

Do you like my party hat?


The next stop on my hat adventure was this baby, a slouchy, stretchy number with really easy faux cables. Instead of using cable needles it's just a twisted stitch. The pattern was quite easy once I looked up the couple of things I didn't know (What would we do without youtube? Have a lot less hats, I'm sure)


I love the way cables look but am a little intimidated by them, so this was a nice introduction, a brief handshake of sorts with the idea of cables.


I'm not super happy with the back, because I messed up when decreasing (reducing the number of stitches) so at times it gets all lumpy and sticks out with a weird little point, but it's a learning process and now next time I know how to do it differently. 


This is what it's supposed to look like, effortless and cool. Just like me, obviously.

But hey, mistakes and all, I love it 'cause I made this, dude!

P.S High-five if you know what Dr. Seuss book the title of this post is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment