Monday, November 5, 2012

HAT=FUTURE


I started knitting this hat on October 26th. I finsished the ears flaps and body on the 31st and then the pom-pom and braided hangy-downy things on November 2nd. Picking it up whenever I could and working on it here and there. It's nothing all that special. Just a simple pattern. But it's warm and fuzzy and was finished in one week. This is big for me. I am the crowned queen of procrastination and half-done projects that never get finished. This hat is symbolic. It's my metaphorical fresh start. It's telling me, "Yeah, you CAN do this, girl. And you can also finish high school and keep up with your job and no matter what people think of your as-of-yet unplanned future, you're doin' alright." (It's a very chatty hat.) Yes, it's just a hat, but, to get slightly cliche, it's also the first step of the rest of my life.
Hey world, look out. I've got pointy needles and I know how to use 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment